Friday, September 1, 2017

J65 at Hotel Jen

J65 is located at Hotel Jen, which was previously known as Trader Hotel.  Since the re-branding, the hotel had been completed renovated.  J65 has a very cosy and elegant ambiance.  The place is spacious, plenty of room between tables for you to feel comfortable.


Their weekday lunch buffet is $31.00++/pax.  At this kind of price, I think the expectation should not be too high. Lobsters, crabs, and oysters are for sure out of the question.

Seafood Counter

Let's first see what they have at the seafood counter, mussels and prawns.  I didn't try the mussels, as somehow it always gets me sick.  The prawns were good.  They were fresh, and large.  The refill was timely.  Always plenty to satisfy your cravings if you like prawns.  Good!

Sushi Counter

Next to seafood, it is the sushi counter.  No sashimi, but they have the normal prawn sushi, cuttlefish sushi and the cheap cheap ones.

Salad and Fruits

Desserts

Salad, fruits, and dessert counters are all decent.  I tried some of the desserts, they were good.

Indian Food Section

In addition, they also have Indian, western, and Chinese food sections.  My Indian colleague liked the Indian food there, for me, I only tried their crackers, which was good.

Laksa

When it comes to my favorite, for sure it is the local delights.  I ordered a bowl of laksa.  The soup was thick with the fragrance of coconut milk.  It was spicy yet still acceptable to me.  It is different from Katong Laksa for sure, but it is good in its own way.  Thumbs up!  My only problem was I ate too much laksa, didn't have any room to try other dishes.  What a pity.

Service was prompt and friendly.  They removed our plates promptly, and they always asked for your permission first.  When they did that, they even bowed slightly to you, showing respect.

Overall, I found it an enjoyable experience.  With $31.00++, you have a cosy place to sit down, chitchat with your friends, enjoy a sumptuous lunch, what else can you ask for?


No comments:

Post a Comment