Sunday, March 25, 2018

The Butcher's Kitchen at Suntec

The Butcher's Kitchen is located on the second floor of Suntec City Mall.  The place was previously occupied by an Italian restaurant, but it had since closed down.  The Butcher's Kitchen is part retail, part restaurant.  There is a small retail section where customers can buy their meat products.  Well, as the name implies, they are proud of their meat offers.


We decided to share a vegetarian pizza, and then each of us would get a burger each.  We also ordered our drinks.  My choice was a cappuccino, but a waitress informed me later that the coffee machine was out of order so there would be no coffee!

Vegetarian Pizza, $18.00++

The vegetarian pizza was not bad.  Thin, crispy crust, topped with tomatoes, capsicum, mushrooms, and other stuff.  And of course, cheese was absolutely a must.  The portion was kind of big, actually enough for two guys to share for a meal.

Burger Dog with Pork, $10,00++

My burger dog with pork was less satisfactory.  Does anyone know why it is called burger dog?  Anyway, the portion was big, but the patty was way way too salty.  It felt like one big teaspoon of salt had been added to the patty.

Service-wise, it was quite ok in general.  I must sing my praise for one of the waiters there.  He was in his late teens to early twenties.  He brought us the burgers, and then asked us whether we would like to have chili sauce and ketchup.  Soon he brought us the chili sauce and ketchup on my request.  I left the two bottles on the table as I was still eating my pizza.  By the time I wanted to pour some ketchup onto my plate, I found the sauce just refused to come out.  After a few tries, I decided to just settle with chili sauce, and left the ketchup aside.  Surprisingly, that waiter came to our table, and helped me get the ketchup out onto my plate.  I didn't know how he managed to notice this while he was busy all the time.

Overall, the dining experience was decent.  Probably ordering some meat dishes will give us more fulfilling experience. 


No comments:

Post a Comment