Sunday, October 21, 2018

Maria Virgin Chicken at Chinatown Complex Food Center


Maria Virgin Chicken, a famous stall hidden in the Chinatown Complex Food Center.  I decided to give them a try finally, because they came into news again recently.  The lady boss, who is already in his 70s, and would like to retire, now want to sell her secret recipe for her famed soy sauce chicken for $480,000.  Previously she asked for $680,000 but no takers, now she lowers the price hoping for a buyer.

When I arrived, it was still quite early for lunch, and it was a Sunday, a rainy Sunday, so there was no queue yet at the stall.  I ordered a $4.00 soy sauce chicken.


The chicken came with some leafy vegetables and bean sprouts, both covered in a thin layer of oil.  The part of chicken I got was chicken breast.  Oh my, that's the part of the chicken that I think is the most dry and tasteless.  However, this stall's version was actually not bad.  The chicken breast still managed to be tender and even with some juice.  It was pleasant to eat, and you could even have some hint of the freshness of the chicken.

I was happy that I could try this dish before the lady boss retires, and I wish her good health and wealth!





No comments:

Post a Comment